Proactively protect and address your cybersecurity and digital risks
Cyber security protects the assets of an organization against cyber threats, ensuring a strong framework to protect and timely identify and respond to cyber threats. As cyber risks are at the top of the agenda of most Boards of Directors globally, a systematic approach will support organizations understand their risk profile and take the necessary measures needed to better prepare and respond to relevant incidents.
Information assets and technology investments left ungoverned and unprotected leave organizations vulnerable to compromise and loss of reputation, revenue/value, customers and intellectual property. Couple these risks with the increasing demands for transparency, accountability and compliance by regulators, government entities, shareholders and others, and you have a perfect storm of risks.
While sophisticated hacking is a valid threat to organizations, it is rarely the root cause of a data breach. The vast majority of data breaches and cybersecurity incidents are actually caused by a breakdown of basic cybersecurity processes and controls.
How can Baker Tilly support your journey to Cyber Security ?
Baker Tilly’s cybersecurity specialists work with organizations to assess their risk and achieve measurable security enhancements and cybersecurity control improvements. We will evaluate your cybersecurity controls, deliver recommended improvements and provide assurance that your cybersecurity controls are working.
Through a wide range of services, Baker Tilly provides the knowledge and expertise to support your Cyber security Infrastructure and your needs.
- Cyber Risk Assessment: Baker Tilly’s robust, holistic cybersecurity assessment approach will help to strengthen your understanding of the organization’s cybersecurity posture and risk exposure, and provide actionable recommendations to remediate gaps in your cybersecurity program and enhance overall effectiveness of your cybersecurity safeguards. We will comprehensively examine your cybersecurity activities and infrastructure and advise the critical security control, process, technology and governance improvements needed to safeguard the confidentiality, availability and integrity of your data.
- Penetration Testing & Vulnerability Assessment: Our security professionals can design and implement a vulnerability management program to protect your assets, ensuring that any security vulnerabilities will be timely identified and addressed. Penetration testing services will also ensure the status of your security posture, and help identify any loop holes that malicious external/internal users may take advantage or to “break” into your systems and data.
- Dark Web Scan: Our cyber security team has the tools and experience to comb through compromised sites looking for your information, including email addresses, phone numbers, or credit card information. We will conduct a scan and provide back results of our investigation. In the event that we find any information related to your scan, we will let you know the details of the compromise as well as recommendations on what to do.
- CISO Advisory: The needs of the Chief Information Security Officer continuously evolve, from strategic planning and budgeting to security monitoring and compliance. Our security professionals provide a set of specialised services to support CISOs in the short and long run, including periodic updates, focused sessions, KPIs and dashboards, and response to urgent needs.
- CISO-as-a-Service: The size of each organization may restrict the number of resources assigned to cyber security activities. We facilitate organizations by outsourcing the role of CISO, delivering a specific set up of services that are agreed jointly with our clients.
- Security Awareness / Phishing simulation: Educate your employees on cyber security best practices to eradicate the risk of opening a malicious email that could lead your organization to money, reputation and data loss.
- Security Incident Response: A well structured cyber security program includes a strong incident detection and response component. As it is not a matter of “if” but “when” an incident will happen, our security professionals can support your response and investigation activities to contain the threats and minimize the impact (including ransomware attacks).
- ISO 27001 / 27701 / 22301 implementation support: Implementing an ISO management system requires a detailed approach, both from a governance but also a practical approach on controls implementation. Our experienced team can support your certification journey through multiple services, including gap analysis, risk assessment, controls readiness, policies and procedures, and certification support.
- Cyber program maturity assessment and improvement: Using an holistic approach, our team can perform an overall assessment of your cyber program, using a Cybersecurity Maturity Model to indicate the level of maturity in each area, based on NIST SP 800-171. This can provide you a dashboard with maturity indicators per area, which can support targeted improvements where needed. Further to that, our team can design a cyber security strategic plan to implement the initiatives and corrective actions where needed, and support with PMO and technical assistance.