Recovery and Insolvency of Businesses
When companies find themselves in deep water too often, they drown; this does not have to be the case. Reduced income or constrained cash flow problems can spiral out of control; affecting production, turnover and goodwill, leading to potential insolvency.
We provide recovery services to help businesses confront and overcome the financial obstacles they may be experiencing. We assess the extent of the problem and offer solutions considering the viability prospects of the business.
Our corporate recovery experts, working closely with you and a multinational network of specialists, shall evaluate and advise on recovery and insolvency options available both locally and abroad. As a member of Baker Tilly International, we can provide integrated and cost-effective solutions for diverse, multinational businesses.
Where it is not possible to overcome a company’s difficulties, we offer clear advice and recommendations on winding up, on the opening and recognition of insolvency proceedings abroad and efficient management of the liquidation estate.
We also advise creditors on recovering their debts upon insolvency of a debtor.
Portfolio Management Services
In recent years we’ve seen financial institutions and asset management corporations and funds struggle to deal with the rapidly increasing portfolios of non-performing loans (NPLs) and assets trapped as either securities or by other encumbrances.
Our recoveries team has engaged on numerous portfolio management and advisory projects providing consulting on optimum collateral enforcement, asset tracing / management and debt restructuring.
Our services extend to:
- Visits on-site to communicate with the client’s recoveries and restructuring staff on an operational level, including communication and monitoring of cases handled by insolvency practitioners, lawyers or other associates of the client;
- Reviewing and administration of the portfolios’ financial facilities, guarantee / securities agreements and other documentation;
- Analysis of current procedures and practices employed by the client’s team and reporting back to Management with results and suggestions for improvement.
- Development of enhanced management systems for the integrated and ongoing administration of the debt and asset portfolio by the client’s staff
- Development of asset maximization and asset realisation strategies, including examining collateral enforcement mechanisms available
- Advisory services on corporate recovery and restructuring solutions
- Attendance at Senior Credit Committee to share thoughts on challenging clients and circumstances