Opportunities in the Audit Department of Baker Tilly in Greece, Thessaloniki’s Office
Baker Tilly Greece is part of Baker Tilly South East Europe, a leading Firm of Auditors, Accountants and Business Advisors, an independent member of Baker Tilly International, with a team of more than 300 people and offices in Cyprus, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova.
Due to further expansion of Baker Tilly South East Europe in Greece and the establishment of our new office at Thessaloniki, we invite applications from ambitious and highly motivated professionals to join our new office at Thessaloniki, at the position of AUDIT ASSOCIATE at Thessaloniki’s office.
As an Audit associate you will:
- Work with audit team members, get meaningful development feedback, and experience what it’s like to work in the audit profession;
- Execute audit projects including, planning, fieldwork, identification of findings and agree action plans with clients;
- Learn how to apply concepts of risk assessment and how to design and perform audit procedures responsive to those risks;
- Establish working relationships with client personnel.
In order to carry out your engagement successfully, you will be provided with:
- A flexible learning and development policy that will enable you to design and schedule your training plan based on your needs and personal aspirations;
- Motivating career prospects and opportunities to move within the firm, bringing great long-term career benefits.
The successful candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- You have (or will soon have) a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in economics or management from a Greek or foreign officially recognized university or a business school, ideally specializing in accounting, finance or audit;
- Candidates who have already started any of the IESOEL, ACCA, ACA programs will be considered as additional skills.
- You have a strong academic track record;
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs);
- You have a good command of Microsoft Office Excel;
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of another foreign language is an advantage;
The successful candidates should have the following skills:
- A confident and positive attitude, focused on teamwork and communication with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- You have good analytical skills and ability to learn quickly;
- You can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills (both in Greek and English languages);
- Desire to learn quickly and keep up-to-date on relevant developments. Willingness to strive for a professional qualification in auditing or finance (e.g. ACCA, CPA);
- Ability to demonstrate strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities;
- Commitment to providing excellent quality work;
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent business sense and commercial awareness.
If you are interested in joining our firm, please send us your CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.